Eventing Radio Show
Total Visitors: 42272
Currently online: 1
Currently online: 1
22 May 2013
EventingSA: The new face of eventing in South Africa
- Dear Eventer
You might have been wondering about what has been happening with the imminent change in our equestrian structures that have been put upon us by government sport requirements.
Trinity Asset Management 2013 Eventing Series Leaderboard
- Welcome to the leaderboard for the Trinity Asset Management 2013 Eventing Series.
Rules of the Trinity Asset Management 2013 Eventing Series
- The Rules of the competition will be as follows.
FEI Rider Rankings
Top 3 Ranked FEI Riders:
- 1. Mason, Mandy
- 2. Swanepoel, Martyn
- 3. Winn, Graham
Will you be entering the one-day eventing series and going for the grand prize of a trip for two to Badminton Horse Trials in the UK?
View: News Item: Rules of the Trinity Asset Management 2012 One Day Eventing SeriesPosted: 15 January 2012 at 21:47
The Rules of the competition will be as follows.
- All riders currently competiting and registered with KZNHS or other provincial bodies are eligible to enter the series by paying a once off entry fee of R200.00.
- Riders must enter in the grade their horse is currently competiting in. If a rider enters at a lower grade than the horse has previously competed at, he/she will be eligible for points from the event, but not for upgrading bonus points until the original level has been passed.
- Riders may enter the competition at any stage, but results will only be considered from the date of entry forwards. In other words, no retrospective results will be considered. For example, if you have not entered the One Day Series, but compete at the first event, and then decide to enter the Series, your result from the first event will not be considered.
- The riders will then be entered onto the scoring Database on www.eventingsa.co.za and results and the log will continually be updated after each event in the series.
- The leaders of the log will be required to wear armbands to identify them at all the series events.
- All the final prize winners will be expected to attend the dinner and prize giving after the finals.
- The series will cover the following grades including children and juniors.
- Eventing 70 cm
- Eventing 80 cm
- Eventing 90 cm
- Eventing 1 m
- CNC 1 *
- The entry will be a horse and rider combination. Riders may submit multipule entries on different horses.
- All the events will be run over a one-day format in an effort to reduce costs for the riders as well as the show holding body and allow riders to participate at all the events.
- The points allocation will be the same for all the grades, thus giving every rider an equal chance of winning.
- This competition will run in conjunction with all the SANEF classes and under normal SANEF and KZNHS rules and in no way effect the judging or results of these classes.
Starting at any event
Points for places (only applicable to top 50% of the class)
All other places up to 50% of the class
Clear cross country
Inside the optimum time cross country
Clear show jumping
Upgrading within the competition
- The points system is intended to benefit those who train hard and are motivated to improve their overall performances at the series. It also gives all riders an equal opportunity to win.
Additional informationWe are extremely grateful to Trinity Asset Management for supporting this exciting concept and are in discussions with an additional corporate sponsor for the final in November to support a proposed invitational international team event with Olympic riders competiting against South African riders at 1* level. The total sponsorship is in excess of R 275 000 but the majority of the funds are to support the six one day concept shows with new revised scoring systems, communications and fixed entry fees. Funds are also allocated to the show holding body for expences relating to course designers and equipment to improve the going as this is critically important to the longevity of our horses.
The fees applicable are as follows:
- 70/80 cm R 450.00
- 90cm / 1m /1* R 550.00
This fee includes all levies payable and your programme is available from: www.eventingsa.co.za.
PrizesPrizes will be given to the top 20 placed horse and rider combinations in the series, as follows:
- 1st - Trip for two to Badminton Horse Trials 2013 (Value 25 000)
- 2nd - Mark Todd eventing saddle (Value R 20 000)
- 3rd - Dressage saddle (Value R 15 000)
- 4th - Natal saddlery Voucher (Value 10 000)
- 5th - Hit-air body protector (Value R 6500)
- 6th - R 5000
- Additional prizes down to 20th place.